Welcome to the Diwan lab website. We are situated in the Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine and study how lysosome biology can be therapeutically targeted for enhancing health and prolonged lifespan.
Why study lysosome biology?
Dr. Abhinav Diwan
After intermittent fasting, these 3 men no longer take insulin for diabetes- but experts stress caution (Links to an external site)
Obese mouse mothers trigger heart problems in offspring (Links to an external site)
– David’s commentary is published in EBioMedicine. Congratulations, David!
- Moydul’s review paper is published in Frontiers in Physiology. Congratulations, Moydul!
- Jeremie Ferey has received best poster award for both the Cardiovascular Research Day and Diabetes Day held at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine.
– Ali Javaheri’s talk and Moydul Islam’s poster has been accepted for presentation at AHA Scientific Sessions, scheduled to be held in Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from November 16-18, 2019.
– Jeremie Ferey’s poster was accepted and presented for a New Investigator Travel Award at the BCVS 2019 Scientific Sessions, held from July 29- August 1, 2019, at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ali Javaheri also presented his work as a poster at the BCVS 2019 meeting at Boston.
- Congratulations to John Murphy for his publication in PLOS Biology, which was accompanied by a ‘Primer’!
- Ali Javaheri received the American Society of Clinical Investigation’s 2019 Young Physician-Scientist Award, Chicago IL, 2019 and presented his work at the meeting.
– Kartik Mani received the Next Generation Investigator Award, from the Research and Development Service at John Cochran VA Medical Center, St. Louis MO during the Annual Research Day on April 19th, 2019